The giant’s face was without doubt identical to the portrait that Pieter Van Dyke had made of Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1795. An enormous scythe was rushing through the air, and before it reached the first outskirts of the narcissus field to mow it down mercilessly, I fled from my lookout, not without seizing the opportunity to inspect the sign. ‘Daffodils’, it read, in a childish handwriting, ‘made by William Wordsworth’.
All text on this site except for the quotations was created by me, Anypodetos (contact). It is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Licence. The quotations probably fall under the fair use doctrine or some related European copyright limitation, with the exception of the Babel Text, which is in the public domain.
Languages are not amenable to copyright: Processes, systems and concepts are not copyrightable, nor are words and names.
- The Lemizh logo (the Great White Egret) was created by Danny Woodard from Sherpa Guides. John Lenz from Lenz Marketing kindly gave me permission to use it. The image is copyrighted by them and must not be re-used without their consent.
- The HTML 5 and CSS 3 logos are available under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence.
- The map of Lemaria on the welcome page and the time zones images are made with Natural Earth free raster map data.
- The symbols used in examples, exercises, remarks, etc., as well as the ‘new’ image, are (partly modified) from the Tango Desktop Project. All of these images are in the public domain.
- The images showing the places of articulation in unit 1 are based on a work by Ishwar, which is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Licence.
- The star image in unit 2 is based on an image by A. Fujii (European Space Agency), available under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Licence.
- The beaver in unit 12 is from Collier’s New Encyclopedia, 1921, and is therefore in the public domain.
- The background of the navigation buttons in the tutorial in nutshells is from a photograph by Andrew Butko, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Licence.
- The ‘under construction’ image is from the ‘Weltchronik in Versen’, c. 1370, also in the public domain.
- The banners on the thanks page make fair use of logos that are protected by copyright laws.
- The background of the dictionary entries is a blank page from one of German linguist Wilhelm Bleek’s (1827–1875) notebooks. It is in the public domain.
- The diagram of trigonometric functions in the dictionary entry dà. is modified from this diagram by Stephan Kulla, which is in the public domain.
- The photo of the carved squirrel on the history page was taken by Andrew Bowden and is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Licence.
- The sketch of language groups on the loanwords page is based on a work by Wikimedia Commons editors which is in the public domain. The sketch itself was made by me and is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Licence
- The Milky Way images on the constellations page are from the Stellarium software, which is available under a GNU General Public License.
- The picture of Dan Sperber on the pragmatics page was taken by Jean-Luc Jucker and is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
- All other images are not copyrighted because they do not reach the threshold of originality. Most of them were drawn by myself.
- The sound files illustrating pronunciation of the letters were recorded by Denelson83 (vowels) and Peter Isotalo (consonants) and are available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Licence.
- The files illustrating pronunciation of Lemizh, Turkish, English, French, German, Spanish, and Polish words were recorded by me and are available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 Licence just as the rest of the grammar.
Lemizh font: SIL Open Font Licence
The Lemizh font (download) is copyright © 2011–12, Anypodetos,
with Reserved Font Name ‘Lemizh’.
Many of the characters of the Lemizh font are based on the font Doulos SIL, copyright © 1994–2011, SIL International, https://scripts.sil.org/DoulosSILfont,
with Reserved Font Names ‘Doulos’ and ‘SIL’.
This Font Software is licenced under the SIL Open Font Licence, Version 1.1 – 26 February 2007.
This licence is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: https://scripts.sil.org/OFL.
The goals of the Open Font Licence (OFL) are to stimulate worldwide development of collaborative font projects, to support the font creation efforts of academic and linguistic communities, and to provide a free and open framework in which fonts may be shared and improved in partnership with others.
The OFL allows the licenced fonts to be used, studied, modified and redistributed freely as long as they are not sold by themselves. The fonts, including any derivative works, can be bundled, embedded, redistributed and/or sold with any software provided that any reserved names are not used by derivative works. The fonts and derivatives, however, cannot be released under any other type of licence. The requirement for fonts to remain under this licence does not apply to any document created using the fonts or their derivatives.
“Font Software” refers to the set of files released by the Copyright Holder(s) under this licence and clearly marked as such. This may include source files, build scripts and documentation.
“Reserved Font Name” refers to any names specified as such after the copyright statement(s).
“Original Version” refers to the collection of Font Software components as distributed by the Copyright Holder(s).
“Modified Version” refers to any derivative made by adding to, deleting, or substituting -- in part or in whole -- any of the components of the Original Version, by changing formats or by porting the Font Software to a new environment.
“Author” refers to any designer, engineer, programmer, technical writer or other person who contributed to the Font Software.
Permission & conditions
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the Font Software, to use, study, copy, merge, embed, modify, redistribute, and sell modified and unmodified copies of the Font Software, subject to the following conditions:
- Neither the Font Software nor any of its individual components, in Original or Modified Versions, may be sold by itself.
- Original or Modified Versions of the Font Software may be bundled, redistributed and/or sold with any software, provided that each copy contains the above copyright notice and this licence. These can be included either as stand-alone text files, human-readable headers or in the appropriate machine-readable metadata fields within text or binary files as long as those fields can be easily viewed by the user.
- No Modified Version of the Font Software may use the Reserved Font Name(s) unless explicit written permission is granted by the corresponding Copyright Holder. This restriction only applies to the primary font name as presented to the users.
- The name(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) or the Author(s) of the Font Software shall not be used to promote, endorse or advertise any Modified Version, except to acknowledge the contribution(s) of the Copyright Holder(s) and the Author(s) or with their explicit written permission.
- The Font Software, modified or unmodified, in part or in whole, must be distributed entirely under this licence, and must not be distributed under any other licence. The requirement for fonts to remain under this licence does not apply to any document created using the Font Software.
This licence becomes null and void if any of the above conditions are not met.
The Font Software is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of copyright, patent, trademark, or other right. In no event shall the Copyright Holder be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, including any general, special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of the use or inability to use the Font Software or from other dealings in the Font Software.
This website only uses a single cookie to let you choose between Lemizh and Latin scripts in the Lemizh/English dictionary. It does not use trackers or other snoopers.